Future Scenarios for Digital Learning
ISCTE-IUL held the first ATHENA Master class on the topic “Future Scenarios for Digital Learning” on the 20th October 2022 on their premises.
The event was successful, provided a space for sharing the challenges met in distance learning and included the participation of keynote speakers. The event gathered 65 participants, from HE to VET teachers, HE Students, VET and secondary education students, entrepreneurs and IT experts.
- The session began with the ATHENA project presentation by the coordinator, Professor Maria José Sousa.
- The participants then had the opportunity to assist to the masterclass of professor Anthony Brooks, from Aalborg University, who talked about the future of digital learning, the challenges and opportunities ahead.
- Professors Ricardo Resend and Leonor Domingos presented the online course on Architecture and technology, coordinated by Iscte.
- Céu Ferreira, from Webwise Innovation, presented the ATHENA Digital Learning Live platform (eLEARN-HUB), which hosts the recently created ATHENA courses. The platform, with its innovative tools and pedagogical features, can be used to host all other courses that teachers and lecturers can create.
- Lastly, the keynote speakers Rasmus Pechuel, from Ingenious Knowledge, and Professor Helga Hambrock, from Concordia University of Chicago, gave important inputs on IT tools, the online training and digital learning.
- The Master class ended with a Question and Answer session with the audience.